Thursday, July 10, 2014

We moved to Honolulu, Hi

We arrived in Honolulu June 10th 2014. It has been an awesome experience so far. Everyone has been really nice to both of us. We heard some stories about natives being mean to white people, but I haven't had anyone say anything mean to me at all. Yay me! I also found a part time job within the first actual week of looking.

We were pretty lucky that the first day we looked at places to live, we found one we loved and it was ours!! I have heard some people have a hard time finding jobs and a place to live. We used craigslist to find our home and my job.

As far as our belongings goes, we both shipped our cars over (approx $2,000 each) and we each brought one carry-on and two checked bags each on the plane. We were really busy the few months before we moved. We had a 3 bedroom house and we had to sell everything in order to move and have enough money. Let me tell you, it was a long process and if anyone is actually interested in any of the details or you are moving to Hawaii and don't know where to start comment below and I'll try and help with anything that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment